Here are nine tactics that can help you succeed with WordPress:
- Choose a reputable hosting provider: Your hosting provider plays a crucial role in the performance and security of your WordPress site.
- Use a strong password: Use a strong, unique password for your WordPress login and for any important accounts associated with your sites, such as your hosting account and email.
- Keep WordPress and plugins up to date: Keeping WordPress and your plugins up to date is important for security and to ensure that your site remains compatible with the latest versions of WordPress.
- Use a security plugin: There are many security plugins available for WordPress that can help protect your site from malware and hacking attempts.
- Use a caching plugin: Caching plugins can help speed up your site by creating a static version of your pages and posts, reducing the load on your server.
- Optimize your images: Large image files can slow down your site, so it’s important to optimize your images before uploading them to your site.
- Use a content delivery network (CDN): A CDN can help speed up your site by serving static files (such as images and CSS files) from a location that is closer to your visitors.
- Use Google Analytics: Google Analytics is a free tool that can help you track and analyze your site’s traffic and performance.
- Use a mobile-responsive theme: With the increasing number of users accessing the internet from mobile devices, it’s important to make sure that your site is mobile-friendly. Choose a theme that is responsive, meaning it adjusts to fit the screen size of the device it’s being viewed on.