There are a few ways to learn Go (also known as Golang):
- Start with the official Go tutorial: https://go.dev/tour/welcome/1 (URL updated from https://tour.golang.org/welcome/1)
- Read the Go documentation: https://go.dev/doc/ (URL updated from https://golang.org/doc/ )
- Go through the exercises on Exercism: https://exercism.org/tracks/go
- Watch video tutorials on YouTube or online learning platforms like Udemy or Coursera.
- My favourite YouTube destination for learning anything coding is Freeocodecamp and this 6+ hours of training is amazing. You can watch it at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS4e4q9oBaU or just go to the end of this page to watch it here on this website.
- If you want to learn from Udemy, I recommend taking this course https://www.udemy.com/course/go-the-complete-developers-guide/
- Build small projects to get hands-on experience and apply what you have learned.
It’s also helpful to join online communities or forums like the Go Forum (https://forum.golangbridge.org/) or the Go Slack (https://invite.slack.golangbridge.org/) to ask questions and connect with other Go developers.